SixLauncher is the official DayZ laucher, but there are a few good alternatives out there. One of those is DayZ Commander which has just been updated to version 0.9.0.39.
The benefits of DayZ Commander include: Friends list and chat, better server information and a favorite servers list.
Download the latest version at http://www.dayzcommander.com
Full change log after the break
- Can now override DayZ mod directory in settings pane
- Can now automatically close DayZ Commander when launching a game
- The versions panel now shows you the percentage of servers running a particular version. (This helps figure out which versions you probably want to be on right now.)
- The “check now” button on the versions pane now also refreshes “Your Version” of Arma2 and DayZ.
- Servers that are on a different version (of either dayz or arma) now have a faded out color.
- Automatic download and install/upgrade of latest Arma2 beta version (via the Versions panel)
- Friends list now shows the “normal” server row information so it allows refresh, favoriting, etc.
- Added “Hide Wrong Arma2 Version” and “Hide Wrong DayZ Version” to filter
- Wrong Arma2 version logic is now based off the “minimum arma version” setting that the server provides, not an exact match
- Added “apply update” button to automatically restart commander when a new update is pending.
- Fixed application window title
- Favorites title now shows a count like the friends title